How to delete an event on Facebook – There are so many activities on Facebook that makes it quite the social masterpiece. This ability for people to use Facebook as a platform to announce events such as Birthdays, Parties, Anniversaries, concerts, etc. makes it even easier to connect with other people on Facebook.
In some cases, we can actually find ourselves wanting to delete an event for reasons best known to us, and that brings us to what we shall be discussing today; how to delete an event on Facebook.
What is Facebook Event
Before we get into the props on how to delete an event on Facebook, what is Facebook event? A Facebook event is a calendar-based feature on Facebook, meant to notify users on upcoming occasions with respect to their Facebook account and activities.
This feature particularly interesting on Facebook as it used to inform Facebook users about upcoming occasions around them, reaching out to vast number of people within a relatively short time frame.
Kinds of Facebook Event
While we’re still on the issue on how to delete an event on Facebook (which we shall be discussing in detail shortly), let’s still go a little further into Facebook events. Having described what Facebook event is, it’s worthy to know that there are two kinds of events on Facebook; the Private Facebook Events and the Public Facebook Events.
A private Facebook event is one that is created by users, aimed at inviting only invited guests, this kind of event will not be open to other users, unless they’re being invited such for such events. A public event, on the hand, is open for anyone to search and find the event even though they might not be friends with you on Facebook. This (public) kind of event is particularly useful when looking to attract a large audience, such as festival, concert, etc.
Some of the basic information required to create an event include the following below:
- The name of the event
- Location of event
- Description of the event
- Time and date of the event
- The option to allow invited guests to invite their friends (for private events) and more…
How to Delete an event on Facebook
Now that we have a brief understanding of what a Facebook group is, let’s now talk about the main issue at hand. If for any reason, you wish to delete an event from Facebook, I’ve prepared a guideline below for you to follow to help you through the course of action. Below are the steps in detail:
- Log on to Facebook on any of your preferred web browser.
- Log in to your account in the spaces provided (if you’re not logged in already).
- Navigate your way to the leftmost column of your Newsfeed (or Homepage) and search for the Events tab and click.
- Your events should appear in order of when they were created, click on the “Hosting” tab of the screen to see the Groups that was posted by you, click on “edit event info “ and head on to “ cancel event “
- After you select the cancel option, a window will pop up, notifying you to confirm the deletion of the event, go ahead and click “Yes”.
And there you have it, that’s how you delete an event on Facebook.